Please join me in Supporting the Boston Barrier

Barrier groupBoston’s flood barrier will deliver protection for over 14,000 homes against flood events that are likely only every 300 years, and pave the way for economic growth and future water level management. I was delighted to visit the site of the barrier recently with Chief Executive of the Environment Agency Sir James Bevan. The EA are currently seeking representations from the public about the scheme-you can get in touch via letter or email via the link below-…/bo…/consult_view

This scheme would have prevented much of the damage to homes after the tidal surge Boston experienced in 2013 and will be one of the largest projects the Environment Agency have ever delivered.

I hope constituents will join me in supporting the scheme- public support for the project is crucial in ensuring the barrier can be delivered for the planned December 2019 deadline, but only written or emailed submissions received by Wednesday October 5th will be accepted.

How to have your say

Any letter of support, objections to, or other representations about, the proposals in the application for the proposed Order should be sent to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, c/o Transport and Works Act Orders Unit, General Counsel’s Office, Department for Transport, Zone 1/18, Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 4DR, ( on or before Wednesday 5 October 2016.

Any objections to, or other representations about, the proposal in the application for listed building consent should be sent to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, c/o Boston Borough Council, Development Control, Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston PE21 8QR ( on or before Wednesday 5 October 2016.

An objection or representation MUST (i) be received by the relevant Secretary of State on or before Wednesday 5 October 2016, (ii) be made in writing (whether sent by post or e-mail), (iii) state the grounds of the objection or representation, (iv) indicate who is making the objection or representation, and (v) give an address to which correspondence relating to the objection or representation may be sent.  (If you are sending your objection or other representation by e-mail, please provide a postal address).

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Sign up to Matt's newsletter

Matt and representatives on his behalf may contact you about matters relating to his work as MP for Boston and Skegness